It’s not quite the milestone birthday of 30, and I’m a little long for the crazy 21-er, but I have to say that turning 29 on October 28th has made me look back and see where I’ve been the past few years…enjoy the journey…
1. Life doesn’t surprise you, it amazes you with how it actually really all works out, just like your mom promised!
2. Be proud of who you are and what you stand for, it’s true that if you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything.
3. As the above reference implies, country music absolutely does define my life from start to today.
4. I’m just one year closer to feeling the same age as my soul, 82!
5. Sometimes life is frustrating…that’s just life.
6. This one I learned early on…when you complain and your parents tell you, “Oh well we’ll just call your real parents the king and queen to come pick you up!” They are…unfortunately…kidding in that parent way that they do.
7. When you get to have a job that you feel passionate about…that is rare…hold on to it with both hands!
8. When you get to hold on to a man that is incredible, make sure that you keep holding on to him too!
9. Try to always break things just a bit slower than you can fix them!
10. Count your blessings, (cheesy…maybe….but you will be amazed at how much better you feel afterwards!)
11. If you’re a farmer, always have a pocketknife handy.
12. And finally, Laugh as often as possible! Especially at yourself, those make the best stories! (There is a good Halloween example of one of these stories coming up Wednesday…stay tuned!)