We are on day three of grass seed harvest. So far things are, or at least were, going pretty smoothly. Then all the wheels came off. Or more accurately, one wheel came off…of our combine. Yeesh!
So here’s the good news….
1. It was not going down the road at 20mph.
2. It was on a corner of the field and out of the way.
3. It happened at 4:30pm, a full 30 minutes before normal business hours are closed for parts.
4. The parts that weren’t here got a red eye from the east coast and should arrive this morning.
5. The weather cooperated, we went late and with only one harvester still got the field done yesterday.
6. I had flip said combine tire over, which gave me the chance to make an excellent “farmer CrossFit” joke.
The bad news….well I think just the fact that a freaking wheel came off our combine is enough bad news!!
Onward and upward….day three here we come!